Blockade Billy - New SK Novella from CD

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jhanic

Re: Blockade Billy - New SK Novella from CD

Post by jhanic »

From the Simon & Schuster Website:

Blockade Billy By Stephen King

This edition: Paper Over Board, 144 pages

Availability: May 2010

Our Price: $14.99

This edition will also include King's story from Esquire, Morality.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jhanic wrote:I've finished my reading of the ARC. I have to admit that it wasn't quite what I expected (but what King story is?) but it was rather interesting. Definitely worth the $25 price of the trade hc. My only real complaint is that it was too short. It left me wanting more!

John
I felt the same way about CELL....Glad to hear it's good.

On a related note CD's latest newsletter basically confirmed the 1st edition print run is 10,000 copies, and the 2nd edition will also be 10,000 copies.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

jhanic wrote:Well, I ordered the numbered edition. I can't afford the lettered. I think it's a bit high, but, given the relatively low print run, I think it will at least hold its value.

John
I just ordered my copy of a numbered edition, with the same theory, at least it should hold its value based on a small production run. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

James
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

You say that you ordered your limited. Does that mean they have completed the drawing? I didn't see an email, so must be I didn't get picked........

Tony
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

No, the drawing hasn't been done yet, as far as I know. I got to order mine in advance because I have the Riding the Bullet limited on order and they gave me first chance.

John
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just got this:
Hi there!

You're receiving this email because you recently ordered BLOCKADE BILLY by Stephen King, which will be shipping early next week!

Now that the world knows how truly limited and collectible our edition of Blockade Billy by Stephen King is, we're getting numerous emails from collectors asking if we can produce a custom slipcase to protect their book and their investment.

That was never in the plans, but we've spoken to our slipcase maker and we're going to make this happen. We will be able to produce a Limited Edition slipcase for the 1st Edition/1st Printing hardcover for an extremely limited time only. After that, NO MORE will ever be made.

We'll take orders for just ten days and then place our order with our manufacturer, so there will be no extras to sell later on. Order now or miss out! We will not be offering this again after the ten days is over.

So if 500 collectors order a slipcase, there will only ever be 500 copies of this Stephen King 1st Edition, 1st Printing hardcover with a slipcase!

The 1st Edition, 1st Printing hardcover with the Blockade Billy baseball card and the Limited Edition slipcase is going to be a must-have for the serious Stephen King collector. And if you're just starting a collection, there's no better way -- you'll never find a deal like this again!

We're only selling these slipcases for $16.95 plus shipping, making these Limited Edition slipcases an extremely affordable way to protect your book. We're using the same high-quality materials we use for our slipcases for our other Stephen King books, and the company who makes these for us is the best in the business. These slipcases will be produced after your book has shipped, so we'll ship the slipcases to you separately. Ordering a slipcase will NOT delay your book shipment.

Don't wait to place your order because these won't last long!

Here's the page on the website to order today:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_bbslip

That's all for now! Thanks again for your support of Cemetery Dance Publications!

~ Mindy
I ordered one. It's a bit expensive, but, since it's being done by the publisher, it may be worth it.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I ordered one too. If the limiteds had been announced a couple of years ago, when I had a good job, I would have entered the drawing, but funds are very low now. Don't forget to post some pics when you get yours!
140dave

Post by 140dave »

Drawing was done yesterday, (Wed 4/14) "winners" had 24 hrs to purchase copies or they will be released. Email is below:

Hi there!

Congratulations! You've been selected to purchase ONE copy of the signed
*Limited* Edition of Blockade Billy by Stephen King!

We have to limit each customer to 1 copy of each edition due to the
extremely low print runs. No certificates or coupons can be used for this
item. You have 24 hours from right now to place your order via our website,
or we will have to select another winner. If you already know you've
changed your mind, please reply so we can select someone else right away.
Thanks!

Here is the SECRET page on our website to place your order:

Please do not share that link with anyone. Orders from non-winners will be
cancelled, less a processing fee.

Congratulations again! This incredible special edition will be shipping
later this summer, and it's going to be a beautiful addition to your
collection.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

I can confirm the drawing was held, too, as I was a numbered winner. Which is a bit...well...shocking considering I gave Brian Freeman a fair amount of grief over CD's heavy-handed "24-hour window or else" policy that they implement for things like this.

I was also a LRB lettered slot holder until Riding the Bullet came around and, once again, CD only offered a 24-hour window for purchases. Because I couldn't come up with the $750 within that window, I lost my slot, which is another thing I bitterly complained about to Brian. If CD had given slot holders, say, a week -OR- if only a percentage of the MSRP was required within the 24-hour window, I probably could've retained the slot. I don't know of any other small press publisher in operation today with such mercenary purchase requirements.

(But hey, I'm just one collector when, judging from the Blockade Billy trade sales, they have at least 10,000 customers on their books.)

Incidentally, I signed-up for both the numbered and lettered lottery.
thl

Post by thl »

no luck here :( too bad, I'll try to get a limited edition of the stand by the end of the summer...