Original Dark Tower Printings for sale

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
taenhago

Original Dark Tower Printings for sale

Post by taenhago »

Before the Dark Tower Series Was printed By Grant, Fantasy and Science Fiction (F&SF) published them first. They were much appreciated, and later expanded to full novel length. These appear in unread condition; with clear crisp covers (no fading) I can provide pictures).

A real find in this condition, I will accept best offers!

The Gunslinger, The Way Station, the Oracle and the Mountains, The Slow Mutants, The Gunslinger and the Dark Man (The Dark Tower)
Stephen King

Book Description: Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, 1978. Paperback. Book Condition: Collectible: VERY FINE. First Edition. In March 1970, while a senior at the University of Maine, Stephen King began writing what would turn out to be his Magnum Opus on bright green sheets of paper. The five parts that constitute The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger were originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction: "The Gunslinger" (October 1978); "The Way Station" (April 1980); "The Oracle and the Mountains" (February 1981); "The Slow Mutants" (July 1981); "The Gunslinger and the Dark Man" (November 1981). ----- This set includes all five installments of The Gunslinger, and constitutes the true first edition of this work with textual differences from the Grant published version. Also, each installment includes never since published summaries by King as well as his hypothesis of where the story is heading. Each issue is in Fine condition. Some instances of light rubbing, but overall the issues are sharp and new looking with yellowing common with the age and type of paper used. The Gunslinger is a novel by American author Stephen King, and is the first volume in the Dark Tower series, which King considers to be his magnum opus. The story centers upon "the gunslinger", which has been chasing after his adversary, "the man in black", for many years. Chronicled is the gunslinger's quest through a large desert, and then a mountain, in search of the man. Along the way, he encounters various people, among them a boy named Jake, who is from another world. ----- The novel was inspired by the poem "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" by Robert Browning, which King read as a sophomore at the University of Maine. King explains that he "played with the idea of trying a long romantic novel embodying the feel, if not the exact sense, of the Browning poem.

$1500.00 USD
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Original Dark Tower Printings for sale

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Mint sets are available elsewhere for $150.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I would value the set described as worth no more than $100. Individual copies can be found for about $10 each fairly easily on eBay.

John
taenhago

Post by taenhago »

jhanic wrote:I would value the set described as worth no more than $100. Individual copies can be found for about $10 each fairly easily on eBay.

John

PLease let me know the listing, My research shows one one on Abebooks for 1500.00!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »