Red Leather Library

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
e_taylor

Re: Red Leather Library

Post by e_taylor »

SkippyD023 wrote:Thanks again. Your information is very helpful. They are selling the set of 36 books for $200 which sounded like a real good deal to me, maybe too good to be true?
Wow! I guess it depends on condition, but that sounds like a phenomenal price.
Ned Bailey

Post by Ned Bailey »

They are not real leather, they are pleather but very nice indeed!
dparch

Post by dparch »

Hi, I am new to this forum, I've also collected the "red leather" series. I have 34 of the books. The only book I've seen I don't have and I've only seen it listed twice, both by different sellers selling their entire collections, never seen it for sale alone, is "Black House" in the red leather. Can anyone confirm whether there ever was a red leather "Black House" made and if they've ever seen it? If there was one, the scarcity of any for sale might make that one of the rarest if not the rarest of the red leather books. I've also never seen one for "The Talisman", I don't believe there was ever one made for that title.
SkippyD023

Post by SkippyD023 »

dparch wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum, I've also collected the "red leather" series. I have 34 of the books. The only book I've seen I don't have and I've only seen it listed twice, both by different sellers selling their entire collections, never seen it for sale alone, is "Black House" in the red leather. Can anyone confirm whether there ever was a red leather "Black House" made and if they've ever seen it? If there was one, the scarcity of any for sale might make that one of the rarest if not the rarest of the red leather books. I've also never seen one for "The Talisman", I don't believe there was ever one made for that title.

Black House is part of the "Red Leather Series" but The Talisman is not. There are a total of 37 books in this series, see e_taylors post on the first page for a complete list.

If you are looking to complete your set let me know which ones you are missing, I do have a few for sale, unfortunately Black House is not one of them.
dparch

Post by dparch »

Thanks for the info SkippyD, in addition to Black House, I am also missing On Writing and the edited edition of The Stand, do you have either of those for sale?
DavidJones

Post by DavidJones »

Just found a complete set, in new, mint condition. Some have never been opened, they still "crack" when opening the cover. Paid $375 cash. Beautiful set, feel extremely lucky!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Congrats. I have no idea about the price point but they are a nice set to own. Hope that they look good on your shelves.
DavidJones wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:41 pm Just found a complete set, in new, mint condition. Some have never been opened, they still "crack" when opening the cover. Paid $375 cash. Beautiful set, feel extremely lucky!
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

These should answer any questions on the Red Leather Stephen King Book Club Editions.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

CHEROKEEBRUCE wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:17 pm These should answer any questions on the Red Leather Stephen King Book Club Editions.
Did you mean to attach something Bruce?
Serpent Stare

Post by Serpent Stare »

Hello, I have a blackhouse and on writing.
SkippyD023 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:26 am
dparch wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum, I've also collected the "red leather" series. I have 34 of the books. The only book I've seen I don't have and I've only seen it listed twice, both by different sellers selling their entire collections, never seen it for sale alone, is "Black House" in the red leather. Can anyone confirm whether there ever was a red leather "Black House" made and if they've ever seen it? If there was one, the scarcity of any for sale might make that one of the rarest if not the rarest of the red leather books. I've also never seen one for "The Talisman", I don't believe there was ever one made for that title.

Black House is part of the "Red Leather Series" but The Talisman is not. There are a total of 37 books in this series, see e_taylors post on the first page for a complete list.

If you are looking to complete your set let me know which ones you are missing, I do have a few for sale, unfortunately Black House is not one of them.