NIGHT SHIFT 1st US value

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
biomieg

Re: NIGHT SHIFT 1st US value

Post by biomieg »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Just for the heck of it, here's two pictures of a 1st NIGHT SHIFT, not remaindered, that is in such great shape I'm almost afraid to touch it. Sorry about the glare.
That IS a nice copy!!

My copy is 1st/1st, but ex-library (remains of a flap or something that was glued to the front endpaper, and a price-clipped DJ). The DJ is in GREAT shape by the way, for such a book! Anyway, the book being what it is, I paid $45 for it.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

ur2ndbiggestfan

I'm gonna need to put a drool sheet on my key board if people post pictures of that nice of a copy of an early SK novel. I am drooling more then my Great Dane does when I eat dinner. :shock:

Very nice copy!!
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Yes, I am very pleased with its condition, but I paid a heck of a lot more then $45 for it. I also have a near mint copy of THE STAND (the original, not the expanded) which has only a minor bump or two, but it is unread and the covers are still tight, never been opened more than a fraction of an inch. I'll post a picture or two if you like.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I'd love to see it!

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

More pics. The way I justify these under this topic is NIGHT SHIFT is on the top shelf! The King books are well guarded, as you can see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Two more of THE STAND
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Very, very nice!

(And I like your guardians, too!!)

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jhanic wrote:Very, very nice!

(And I like your guardians, too!!)

John
I agree, excellent!
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Two more of THE STAND
At least this time I had a warning and could move my keyboard before seeing the pictures. :)

Nice collection.

Back on topic: I just watched a auction for a 1/1 of Night Shift that was in very good condition, that went for $260. I very good buy I would say.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Congrats on the win.. when you get it look at it VERY carefully for any marks of a library copy.. That discoloration on the lower spine of the DJ looks a whole lot like the size of the white stickers they used to put on in the library (maybe still do) to identify the dewy decmal / library of congress number when on the shelf.

Otherwise it looks fine I just wanted to mention it. Probably just a coincidence