Presentation Copy vs. Numbered Limited Edition...

Any questions related to limited editions
sgc1999

Re: Presentation Copy vs. Numbered Limited Edition...

Post by sgc1999 »

Sorry but the pc of six stories IS the rarest edition of the book. Even look at the estimates on this very site , based on previous sales.
I bought a roman numeral copy for $600. Abes is no way of estimating i can tell you that!
I have to disagree with you.
sgc1999

Post by sgc1999 »

Sorry but the pc of six stories IS the rarest edition of the book. Even look at the estimates on this very site , based on previous sales.
I bought a roman numeral copy for $600. Abes is no way of estimating i can tell you that!
I have to disagree with you.
The bottom line is that a book is valued by what someone is willing to pay.
The highest paid amount for six stories i have ever seen is for a pc copy. Unless you want to purchase that outrageously expensive roman numeral copy on abes then i will have to agree with you.... I didnt think so.
Carter

Post by Carter »

Confused. :?

But there are only 10 signed copies with letters PC written in them in existence correct? 10 or less of anything on the earth makes it more valuable to me.

The premise that a numbered copy is unique because it is the only copy with that particular number on it doesn't make sense to me. For instance, if currency collectors thought that way, any one dollar bill would be priceless because it's the only dollar with a particular serial number; every dollar bill in existence would be extremely rare. Personally, it makes no difference to me if a numbered limited had the number 48 or 49. If there are 500 Arabic numbered copies/ 50 Roman/ 10 Presentation, the Arabic are more common than the Presentation. This is my thinking.

A thought concerning Abe. I can list a copy of say The Shining in F/F for 10K tomorrow. That won't make it worth 10K. Is it wise to use Abe as a barometer for value?

I spoke to a rare book dealer during lunch here in NYC and gave him the 'Six Stories' scenario and it was his opinion, that all things being equal in the rare book trade, the PC copy would be the more valuable and rarer in the edition. Albeit, he doesn't specialize in SK, but he's dealt in rare Limited editions of a half century. For what it's worth.
Last edited by Carter on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sgc1999

Post by sgc1999 »

good points