Carrie Book club edition H46

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
derochase

Carrie Book club edition H46

Post by derochase »

HI there! I have been collecting Stephen King for Years ... am now selling my books. How do I find true value for these books. For example, I have Carrie its a book club Edition and it has H46 printed on margin of page 198.

Id like to use this site to its full potential, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks!
Denise
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Carrie Book club edition H46

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Carrie,

The site covers basically every book edition that is valuable. If a book is not listed, say a bookclub edition or paperback it's because it's not considered "collectible" on the 2ndary market. For example, here's a book club edition of Carrie up on ebay for $16 buy-it-now. Compare that to a true 1st edition which can go for $900+
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARRIE-Stephen- ... 2c70084488

The best way to use the site is to compare your books to the 1st edition list. If they completely match then you'll see the estimated retail value listed. If the book does not match the critera listed then you can assume it's only worth a few dollars.

Keep in mind if you sell to a bookstore you're likely to get 50-70% of retail depending on the title. Private sale can get you closer but takes time.
derochase

Post by derochase »

Thanks so much! I am excited to say that I have a few on the list that are way more valuable than I would have ever known! I actually just sold my perfect condition copy of IT for a mere $19. Wish I found y'all 2 weeks earlier!
Thanks for al you do!
Denise
(tho you said HI Carrie)
TheCollector wrote:Hi Carrie,

The site covers basically every book edition that is valuable. If a book is not listed, say a bookclub edition or paperback it's because it's not considered "collectible" on the 2ndary market. For example, here's a book club edition of Carrie up on ebay for $16 buy-it-now. Compare that to a true 1st edition which can go for $900+
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARRIE-Stephen- ... 2c70084488

The best way to use the site is to compare your books to the 1st edition list. If they completely match then you'll see the estimated retail value listed. If the book does not match the critera listed then you can assume it's only worth a few dollars.

Keep in mind if you sell to a bookstore you're likely to get 50-70% of retail depending on the title. Private sale can get you closer but takes time.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

derochase wrote:Thanks so much! I am excited to say that I have a few on the list that are way more valuable than I would have ever known! I actually just sold my perfect condition copy of IT for a mere $19. Wish I found y'all 2 weeks earlier!
Thanks for al you do!
Denise
(tho you said HI Carrie)
Haha, Freudian slip I suppose :mrgreen: You're welcome DENISE! And welcome to the forums :mrgreen: