Showcase your SK collectibles!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
jhanic

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by jhanic »

My latest:

And one of the pictures:

Although this is one of the unbound proofs from Cemetery Dance, it doesn't have the "1st Proof" or "2nd Proof" printed on it. There was/is another of these on eBay that also didn't have the printing.

Just one more of the CD unbound proofs to go now--Doctor Sleep!

John
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

jimimck wrote:Looks like a nice copy of The Talisman. Seems to be an under rated s/l in my opinion. Nice to see it getting some exposure.
Thanks James, I kept hearing that is was an underrated S/L and now that I have one I am really happy I bought it.
jhanic wrote:Nice!

John
Thanks John
TheCollector wrote:
jimimck wrote:Looks like a nice copy of The Talisman. Seems to be an under rated s/l in my opinion. Nice to see it getting some exposure.
I agree, I know personally it hasn't been at the top of my collecting list. Personally I think it's the design, just doesn't grab my attention in the same way as some other books....How about you guys, what's your theory?
Well Tomas, the first thing I would tell you is you should get a copy and see for yourself what a nice job Grant did on this one. I think some of the details don’t photograph well so it is hard see the embossed slip case and book cover. I think the art work on the slip case might be too feminine for a SK S/L. I think the art work is spot on as it relates to the story; some of the interior art work is more dramatic but is not right for the cover/slip case. The last thing, IMO that keeps this one underrated is the story is not one of the better known/popular stories. I will say I was not actively searching for this one but I could not pass on the price, $460.
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

jhanic wrote:My latest:

And one of the pictures:

Although this is one of the unbound proofs from Cemetery Dance, it doesn't have the "1st Proof" or "2nd Proof" printed on it. There was/is another of these on eBay that also didn't have the printing.

Just one more of the CD unbound proofs to go now--Doctor Sleep!

John
Congratulations John that’s cool. You know I only have one unbound proof and if I decide to let it go you’ll be the first on my list.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

TheCollector wrote:
I agree, I know personally it hasn't been at the top of my collecting list. Personally I think it's the design, just doesn't grab my attention in the same way as some other books....How about you guys, what's your theory?
Well Tomas, the first thing I would tell you is you should get a copy and see for yourself what a nice job Grant did on this one. I think some of the details don’t photograph well so it is hard see the embossed slip case and book cover. I think the art work on the slip case might be too feminine for a SK S/L. I think the art work is spot on as it relates to the story; some of the interior art work is more dramatic but is not right for the cover/slip case. The last thing, IMO that keeps this one underrated is the story is not one of the better known/popular stories. I will say I was not actively searching for this one but I could not pass on the price, $460.
That's a good price, and I love getting a good deal on my King books. Congrats on that!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I got the okay to post this, the galley proof of CD's Carrie:

John
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

Very nice John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Dude!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I got the okay to post this today:

This is the Books to Benefit/Cemetery Dance with a preliminary cover.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I wish I had of seen that before sending Merlin1958 a Christmas card. Would have made for a fun envelope wrapping lol
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

jimimck wrote:I wish I had of seen that before sending Merlin1958 a Christmas card. Would have made for a fun envelope wrapping lol
LOL!! You got that right!

John